Michael J. Jackson Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael J. Jackson Forever

A mature MJfan community created out of love for the beloved King of Pop Michael Joe Jackson

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mugsysam
PYT
PYT

The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!!   The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! EmptyApril 19th 2010, 6:07 pm

Hey everyone!

This whole "Michael dangling Blanket over the balcony" issue has always got me so steamed at the media for their handling on this.

I mean, yeah I will be the first to say that maybe Michael doing that wasn't the best idea the man ever had, but he did apologize for it and said he was wrong to do it. He did say that he got swept up in the moment of so wanting to show his fans his newest baby (again this kind of goes in the face of anyone who think that Omer is Michael's son, and he hid it, but yet was so excited to show the world Blanket, he held him out a window, can't have it both ways-I know this is not the topic here, but had to throw that one in LOL).

I mean, I am not a parent, but I can only imagine if I do become on the mistakes I will make with my children. We are all human, and try as we may, we are going to make mistakes. Period. Michael was no exception.

It wasn't like he hung Blanket out like he was going to throw him down the fans like he did with pillows and such. He never in his mind did that to purposely pose harm to Blanket. I think he had shown time and time even before this incident that the welfare of his children was first above all else.

That doesn't mean you aren't gonna make a mistake from time to time, it's part of being human.

But how come the same media that tore Michael apart for that, and STILL mentions it when talking about Michael to this day, how come they aren't more all over Courtney Love my Heroin?

I mean, this is a woman who said in an interview that she took Heroin during her pregnancy with her daughter, knowing the risks. This is a woman who, by her lifestyle has put her daughter through so many bad things it's just a shame.

I know the media does cover her from time to time, but never ever ever ever to the extent the did Michael for that ONE incident. Why is that? Totally double standard there.
Back to top Go down
Dangerous Dorita
Superfly Sister
Superfly Sister
Dangerous Dorita

The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!!   The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! EmptyMarch 28th 2010, 2:54 am

Well said, Jenny, couldn't agree more.

Nobody's perfect, we're not machines nor computers which incessantly have to be accurate, flawless and to the letter.

You're right in Michael just wanting to show off Blanket to his fans because he loved him so much, yet he was so wrapped up in the moment but despite keeping a firm hold of Blanket wasn't aware of what danger would've lied ahead, and he then swifty apologised for his actions if it offended anyone and justified his reasons in being overexcited with Blanket.
Back to top Go down
Jenny
Bad
Bad
Jenny

PostSubject: Re: The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!!   The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! EmptyMarch 27th 2010, 4:51 am

Yep the pictures were shocking and the language the media used was designed to heighten viewer's disgust.

I am a parent and have been for 6 years - and I have made a few mistakes!. I'm like Junky, I am sure I would never do such a thing. But I also agree that he got carried away in the moment. This was a man who was proud of his baby boy and wanted to show him to people who meant so much to him. I can understand that excitement - you just don't think about the risk. You think about the moment! "Here are a group of people who really love me, I'm going to share with them something that makes me really happy and proud" - and WAM! it's on all the covers of the magazines and tabloids and suddenly you're a reckless parent.

Michael had a tight hold on that child - which is more than I had when I accidentally walked away from my little girl when she was on the nappy changing table at 6mths (luckily she didn't roll off!!) and more than I had when my little boy bounced out of his cot because I should have lowered it much sooner than I did (he was okay - thank god!) - I was immediately horrified by these mistakes, but thank god I didn't have to contend with the hostile glare of the media and have my behaviour analysed continuously by arm-chair critics - as well as my own guilt!

Parents make mistakes and suffer from errors of judgement, but to chastise this man for one mistake he made beggars belief. He didn't neglect his children, he loved them - he let them travel with him and he always ensured they were safe.

With the benefit of hindsight I'm sure Michael thought his actions were stupid, but what he did was purely out of love and excitement and there was no intention to harm his child!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/themirrorcracks
Dangerous Dorita
Superfly Sister
Superfly Sister
Dangerous Dorita

PostSubject: Re: The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!!   The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! EmptyMarch 27th 2010, 4:29 am

King_of_Pop_411_Junky wrote:
I could see where he got caught up in the moment and didn't ratiionally think things out all the way. It seemed like spur of the moment and he apologized for it. As parents the number of mistakes we're gonna make is unknown, but he atleast acknowledged his error and confronted it.

Precisely my point, Junky, this is what I personally have been ascertaining all along. Michael did publicly apologise and explained his actions without any intention to cause any harm and realised he could've even though he was being jocular while prudent with Blanket.

For some inexplicable reason Gloria Allred-in-the-face comes to mind seems as she's that lowlife heifer of a sheila who was detemined in being hell-bent in wanting to strip any parental rights off Michael.

Thank God that went out the window. Serves her bloody right! Slap Slap The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! 870790 FU
Back to top Go down
RachyL
PYT
PYT
RachyL

PostSubject: Re: The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!!   The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! EmptyMarch 26th 2010, 4:22 pm

Hey Jnky..yes I completely agree with you..I have often thought this myself...no doubt about it, I do think it was a mistake, unwise even..but there is no way that Michael would intentionally put his children in danger...yes it was spur of the moment, he seemed very excited and he wanted to show off Blanket to the fans, he did appear to have a very firm grip, I felt really sorry for Michael after this happened because he was persectued once again by the media...it was completely blown out of proportion. People forget that Michael is human and we all make mistakes, nobody's perfect and I think MJ genuinely regretted his actions afterwards..he would never harm a child..I truly believe that..xxxxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!!   The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 10:13 am

I agree with many of my fellow MJ fans, completely exaggerated. Kind of like Britney Spear's baby in her lap while she was driving, within a mile of her own home. I also find the words they use to describe it inaccurate and misleading...

dan·gle (dnggl)
v. dan·gled, dan·gling, dan·gles
v.intr.
1. To hang loosely and swing or sway to and fro.

He had a tight, firm hold on his cherish son. The media used this term and incident for complete shock value. Another inaccurate term used, "dangled his NEW BORN son!"

new·born (nbôrn, ny-)
adj.
1. Very recently born: a newborn baby.
2. Born anew: newborn courage.
noun
3. a baby from birth to four weeks

I have 3 children of my own and let me say judging by the size of Blanket, now way in hell he could have been considered a new born, please review the following:

Blanket was born Feb. 21, 2002
"Dangling incident" was in November 19, 2002

This puts baby boy Blanket's age at about 9 moths old. Think about it, fellow MJ fans, would as many people who bought into this hooplah believed such nonsence if the media used "Michael Jackson firmly and tightly holds his 9 month old son over a balcony?!!

I have to add that like I said before I have 3 children and I don't think I would have ever done something like this, BUT I could see where he got caught up in the moment and didn't ratiionally think things out all the way. It seemed like spur of the moment and he apologized for it. As parents the number of mistakes we're gonna make is unknown, but he atleast acknowledged his error and confronted it.

Side Note: Definitions were obtained from www.freedictionary.com (I'm too broke to be sued, lol! and besides I gotta save up for that MJ Opus!!! :D )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!!   The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Baby "dangling" incident wasn't MJ's finest moment, but it was completely EXAGGERATED!!!
Page 1 of 1