Michael J. Jackson Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael J. Jackson Forever

A mature MJfan community created out of love for the beloved King of Pop Michael Joe Jackson

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What should be Murray's charge?

Go down 
+3
LaQuietaMJ32
mkanhnh-Jenna
Admin
7 posters

What charge should Dr. Conrad Murray face in regards to Michael Jackson's death?
A. 1st Degree Murder
What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_lcap19%What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
B. 2nd Degree Murder
What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_lcap52%What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 11 ]
C. 3rd Degree Murder
What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_lcap0%What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
D. Voluntary Manslaughter
What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_lcap10%What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
E. Involuntary Manslaughter-Constructive
What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_lcap5%What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
F. Involuntary Manslaughter-Criminally Negligent
What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_lcap14%What should be Murray's charge? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
SparklesDaCat
PYT
PYT
SparklesDaCat

What should be Murray's charge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptyMarch 28th 2010, 11:43 pm

King_of_Pop_411_Junky wrote:
CloBird after careful research I have stumbled across information that states that intent to kill(malice) can be found if the person's actions displayed such extreme recklessness as to disregard the risk of death being an outcome to their actions. The malice aforethought needed for second degree murder can be met by proving that Murray's actions were so NEGLIGENT & RECKLESS that they showed INDIFFERENCE & DISREGARD for human life. The avg Joe may have been able to argue that he didn't know about the risk of cardiac arrest and respiratory depression with Propofol alone. That same average joe could also argue he didn't know mixing Propofol with Benzodiazepines would have INCREASED the risk of depressed respiration and cardiac arrest. But Murray is NO AVG JOE, he was a supposed "trained" cardiologist, who surely has performed his fair share of surgeries and more than likely had his fair share of patients stop breathing on the table under the effects of Propofol.

YES! What Junky said about malice, and a persons actions showing extreme recklessness. I agree with this, and that is what makes me 100% positive that Murray's actions were more than just an 'accident' and most definitely a homicide. I did not mark a box in the poll however, because I don't even know what separates 2nd from 3rd degree murder. Or how 3rd degree differs from involuntary manslaughter. So I have some Googling to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/sparklesdacat
Dangerous Dorita
Superfly Sister
Superfly Sister
Dangerous Dorita

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptyMarch 27th 2010, 4:13 am

Progress results so far:-

2nd Degree Murder - 52%

followed by:-

Involuntary Manslaughter-Criminally Negligent - 14%

Voluntary Manslaughter - 9%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptyMarch 26th 2010, 11:04 am

CloBird after careful research I have stumbled across information that states that intent to kill(malice) can be found if the person's actions displayed such extreme recklessness as to disregard the risk of death being an outcome to their actions. The malice aforethought needed for second degree murder can be met by proving that Murray's actions were so NEGLIGENT & RECKLESS that they showed INDIFFERENCE & DISREGARD for human life. The avg Joe may have been able to argue that he didn't know about the risk of cardiac arrest and respiratory depression with Propofol alone. That same average joe could also argue he didn't know mixing Propofol with Benzodiazepines would have INCREASED the risk of depressed respiration and cardiac arrest. But Murray is NO AVG JOE, he was a supposed "trained" cardiologist, who surely has performed his fair share of surgeries and more than likely had his fair share of patients stop breathing on the table under the effects of Propofol.

nofairs

CloBird wrote:
Murray did not intend to kill Michael,but his actions after the fact really scream out for more charges than he received.Murray failed to call 9-1-1 immediately and now body guards are saying that Murray stopped efforts to resuscitate in order to hide the propofol. Murray also called other people to hide propofol and other drugs that he had been stockpiling for the residency.And Murray was not forthcoming about what drugs he had given Michael.That is all obstructing an investigation.Murray's charges are not appropriate.
In order for murder one charges to be appropriate,intent to kill must be there.Murray did not intend to kill Michael,but he ended up doing just that.He knew that he should not have been giving Michael propofol(misuse of a drug).Proof that he knew what he was doing was wrong is illustrated by his actions--hiding the drugs,not calling 9-1-1.I am sure that stronger charges could have been brought up against Murray.Manslaughter charges that could have given a sentence of 20 years would have been better than what he got!
Back to top Go down
Dangerous Dorita
Superfly Sister
Superfly Sister
Dangerous Dorita

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptyMarch 26th 2010, 4:40 am

Definitely second degree.

How can this mongrel sleep at night? Honestly! Well I just hope he's proud of himself having the hide and temerity to hide any further evidence that he knows only too well that would definitely incriminate him. What about us?

Ultimate justice for Michael once and for all I say! What should be Murray's charge? 211325
Back to top Go down
mkanhnh-Jenna
Superfly Sister
Superfly Sister
mkanhnh-Jenna

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptyMarch 25th 2010, 10:27 am

I still agree that Murray should be charged with second degree murder! This manslaughter crap is rediculous, especially with the new evidence and eye witness accounts coming out. It makes me sick that Murray is still walking around a free man
Back to top Go down
CloBird
PYT
PYT
CloBird

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptyMarch 24th 2010, 1:17 pm

Murray did not intend to kill Michael,but his actions after the fact really scream out for more charges than he received.Murray failed to call 9-1-1 immediately and now body guards are saying that Murray stopped efforts to resuscitate in order to hide the propofol. Murray also called other people to hide propofol and other drugs that he had been stockpiling for the residency.And Murray was not forthcoming about what drugs he had given Michael.That is all obstructing an investigation.Murray's charges are not appropriate.
In order for murder one charges to be appropriate,intent to kill must be there.Murray did not intend to kill Michael,but he ended up doing just that.He knew that he should not have been giving Michael propofol(misuse of a drug).Proof that he knew what he was doing was wrong is illustrated by his actions--hiding the drugs,not calling 9-1-1.I am sure that stronger charges could have been brought up against Murray.Manslaughter charges that could have given a sentence of 20 years would have been better than what he got!
Back to top Go down
mariaann1961
PYT
PYT
mariaann1961

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptyMarch 22nd 2010, 1:30 am

I just voted for 2nd degree murder. We need justice for Michael!!

What should be Murray's charge? 211325
Back to top Go down
LaQuietaMJ32
PYT
PYT
LaQuietaMJ32

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptyMarch 19th 2010, 12:02 pm

This evil sicko needs to pay for he did to Michael
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptyMarch 18th 2010, 11:33 am

Almost 9 months down the road, has anybody's opinion of what the charges whould be changed? I still stand FIRM with the SECOND degree murder charge!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 9:48 pm

its all about the money.. murray could have had worked something out with someone close to michael who knew how to get their hands on his money..or something of the sort... and why is there no news about the charges?
Back to top Go down
https://michaeljforever.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 3:20 pm

He needs to have done to him what he did to our Michael.
Back to top Go down
mkanhnh-Jenna
Superfly Sister
Superfly Sister
mkanhnh-Jenna

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 9:46 pm

I pray Murray is held responisble for all of his actions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 8:50 pm

It may sound crazy, but I think Michael was killed intentionally.
Just too many suspicious angles.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 5:38 pm

if it were up to me, anyone who takes a life should have their life taken away, which means living in jail forever.. so hoepfully thats what he gets... lord protect his family
Back to top Go down
https://michaeljforever.forumotion.net

PostSubject: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 4:47 pm

I'm providing you with legal definitions of 1st and 2nd degree murder as well as manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter. After reviewing the facts and definitions, I want you to cast your vote as to what charge exactly Murray should face...

1st Degree Murder: An intentional killing by means of poison, or by lying in wait, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate and premeditated action.

2nd Degree Murder: Homicide committed by an individual engaged as a principal or an accomplice in the perpetration of a felony.

3rd Degree Murder: Any other murder (e.g. when the intent was not to kill, but to harm the victim).

Voluntary Manslaughter: Voluntary manslaughter occurs when the defendant kills with malice aforethought (intention to kill or cause serious harm), but there are mitigating circumstances which reduce culpability. Voluntary manslaughter is a lesser included offense of murder. The traditional mitigating factor was provocation, however others have been added in various jurisdictions.

Involuntary Manslaughter: Involuntary manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice aforethought. It is distinguished from voluntary manslaughter by the absence of intention. It is normally divided into two categories; constructive manslaughter and criminally negligent manslaughter.

Constructive Manslaughter: Constructive manslaughter is also referred to as ‘unlawful act’ manslaughter. It is based on the doctrine of constructive malice, whereby the malicious intent inherent in the commission of a crime is considered to apply to the consequences of that crime. It occurs when someone kills, without intent, in the course of committing an unlawful act. The malice involved in the crime is transferred to the killing, resulting in a charge of manslaughter.

Criminally Negligent Manslaughter: Criminally Negligent Manslaughter is variously referred to as criminally negligent homicide in the United States, gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales or culpable homicide in Scotland.

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness. A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability. A related concept is that of willful blindness, which is where a defendant intentionally puts himself in a position where he will be unaware of facts which would render him liable.

Criminally negligent manslaughter occurs where there is an omission to act when there is a duty to do so, or a failure to perform a duty owed, which leads to a death. The existence of the duty is essential because the law does not impose criminal liability for a failure to act unless a specific duty is owed to the victim. It is most common in the case of professionals who are grossly negligent in the course of their employment. An example is where a doctor fails to notice a patient's oxygen supply has disconnected and the patient dies (R v Adomako).

Definitions obtained from: www.en.wikipedia.org

I know many have mixed feelings as to the guilt of this man. I, myself feel that due to the fact that this man was supposedly a doctor he had to of been aware of the dangers and fatality of the drug Propofol. He proceeded to administer this drug with total disregard for human life he should be charged with Ivoluntary Manslaughter on the criminally negligent side at the LEAST, but my opinion lies with SECOND degree murder. You tell me, cast a vote to tell me what you think Murray's charge should be....

Last edited by King_of_Pop_411_Junky on March 18th 2010, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should be Murray's charge?   What should be Murray's charge? Empty

Back to top Go down

What should be Murray's charge?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Michael J. Jackson Forever :: The King of Pop :: Michael's Lounge-
Jump to: