Michael J. Jackson Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael J. Jackson Forever

A mature MJfan community created out of love for the beloved King of Pop Michael Joe Jackson

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did you discover Michael?

Go down 
+12
JuliaMJ
NZMJ
Maikeru Jakuson
Jenny
SparklesDaCat
YRmyLife
mariaann1961
InvincibleJenks
Dolli4life
Countryrocker
mkanhnh-Jenna
Admin
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
InvincibleJenks
Admin
InvincibleJenks

How did you discover Michael? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyJuly 12th 2012, 8:14 pm

That is awesome B... I so wish I could have been around from the beginning. I feel like I have I've grown up on Jackson 5... that is all my mommy played when she was pregnant with me. She says that is why I love Michael so much... "He sang ya right out of my belly!" She says with a straight face.

blttrox wrote:
I grew up in the South Suburbs of Chicago only 15 min from the Indiana State Line, 20 min from Gary. Summer 1970, ok this ages me lol I was at my freind Brendas house, she had so many records enough to start a radio station, including alot of Motown, she played this 45 record for me and kept telling me You have to hear this group you just have to hear this group, it was The Jackson 5 , the song was I Want You Back, Loved it from the moment I heard it, we both loved The Love You Save and to this day its my favorite Jackson 5 song. A few months later I saw them on The Ed Sullivan Show , I got Jackson 5 ABC for my 14th birthday and Michaels first solo Record (they used to call them LPs) for Christmas that same year, I continued to follow his solo career. Since we were so close to Gary, when the Jackson 5 hit it as big as they did, they were hometown heros to us in the "South Suburbia" I remember being about 6, My Dad was a structural engineer and brought my brothers and I to the steel mill in Gary, I almost had a heart attack when I found out Joe Jackson worked there! I had a nice little conversaton with Jermaine about the steel mills on Twitter last year Smile I've loved Michael from the first time ever heard him sing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/keshayorkjenkins
blttrox
PYT
PYT

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyJuly 12th 2012, 7:29 pm

I grew up in the South Suburbs of Chicago only 15 min from the Indiana State Line, 20 min from Gary. Summer 1970, ok this ages me lol I was at my freind Brendas house, she had so many records enough to start a radio station, including alot of Motown, she played this 45 record for me and kept telling me You have to hear this group you just have to hear this group, it was The Jackson 5 , the song was I Want You Back, Loved it from the moment I heard it, we both loved The Love You Save and to this day its my favorite Jackson 5 song. A few months later I saw them on The Ed Sullivan Show , I got Jackson 5 ABC for my 14th birthday and Michaels first solo Record (they used to call them LPs) for Christmas that same year, I continued to follow his solo career. Since we were so close to Gary, when the Jackson 5 hit it as big as they did, they were hometown heros to us in the "South Suburbia" I remember being about 6, My Dad was a structural engineer and brought my brothers and I to the steel mill in Gary, I almost had a heart attack when I found out Joe Jackson worked there! I had a nice little conversaton with Jermaine about the steel mills on Twitter last year Smile I've loved Michael from the first time ever heard him sing
Back to top Go down
catswhiskas
PYT
PYT
catswhiskas

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyAugust 3rd 2010, 6:13 pm

I knew something called Thriller existed as when it had first been shown late at night on channel 4, my mum had had a Thriller party and people came round to watch it. Us kids were in bed and not allowed to see it. I was only 4 at the time. However shortly after it must have come out on VHS Thriller and the Making Of and my friend's mum had it. I went to their house and she said to me, do you want to watch it, it is really cool". We put it on and I kid you not, it was literally like a spell was instantly cast on me. And I kid you not, to this day that spell is still ever present. I went home and said "mummy I am in love with a boy called Michael Jackson". That was it, from that day forward my love for Michael has never waned. I used to drive my friends at school mad as all I cared about was MJ. My teachers even commented in reports that my love for Michael was apparent in my work. I would fit him in any how.

My videos got worn out and my tapes got eaten. I watched and listened to Michael constantly. At the age of 10 I was blessed enough to see the Bad tour in Wembley and then the Dangerous tour 4 years later.

I had my tickets for This Is It. I was so excited to see Michael again. I, like all of you have been devastated at the loss of the one constant in my life. It hurts me every second of every day. My love of Michael won't fade, it will only get stronger now as I keep the dream alive and fight to continue to clear his name.
Back to top Go down
moonstreet
PYT
PYT
moonstreet

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyAugust 3rd 2010, 4:50 pm

I was about 7 years old, and saw the Billie Jean and Beat It videos on tv and then Thriller. I remember watching saturday morning kids tv and they had a studio debate about Thriller and about the issues it raised and whether it should be allowed on daytime tv. Even though I was so young, I wasnt scared, just fascinated by this man and I wanted to know all about him. This was in the days before the internet, so all I had was what was in the general media and whatever books I could find in second hand book shops and libraries. And it went from there, to being fascinated by the music and dancing as a young child, all the way through the crazy in love teenage stage, to seeing him in concert and then travelling to see him and ending up in April 2005 in his living room!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/dmoonstreet
RachyL
PYT
PYT
RachyL

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyMay 10th 2010, 4:04 pm

I first discovered Michael after watching Moonwalker...honestly that film means so much to me as a result...I must have been about 8 or 9....my favourite part was the whole Speed Demon scene where Michael runs away from the plasticine people and has the dance off with the rabbit...I remember thinking who is that beautiful, dancing man and from then on I loved him...as time went by and I discovered more about him and his personality I loved him even more...I used to watch Moonwalker all the time when I was a kid...and now I have it on dvd..I still love it and regard the rabbit and plasticine characters with the same sentimentality as I did 20 years ago xxxxxx

afro
Back to top Go down
JuliaMJ
PYT
PYT
JuliaMJ

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyApril 30th 2010, 12:18 pm

I discovered Michael when i was 11-12...i was watching his videos on TV with my mouth open,i was thinking WOW this man has so much talent,i loved the songs....With time i forgot about him & i focused on other artists and other things.Unfortunately i wake up too late ..when he was already gone.I am so angry that i wasn't there when he needed the most,his been thru so much .I respect him , i love him and I'm proud to be his fan.
Back to top Go down
NZMJ
PYT
PYT

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyApril 13th 2010, 6:51 am

Its really interesting hearing about how everyone first discovered Michael!

I first discovered Michael when I was 9 and Oprah interviewed him. My parents were
watching (my mum quite likes MJ) and I was just in the room. I was fascinated by him - to
me he and Neverland were magical!

We had a family friend who LOVED Michael, and who kindly
copied all her MJ videos and live performances for
me. I would watch Michael every day - mum would just sit me in
front of my tapes for hours!

16 years later I can still watch Michael for hours haha :-).

Xox

mj
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Jakuson
Bad
Bad
Maikeru Jakuson

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyMarch 21st 2010, 10:08 pm

When i was five I heard Michael's music around the Invincible era
and i heard the invincible cd, Thriller (and the music vid is my first music vid i ever watch),remember the time, ghost, you rock my world. And Thriller was my favorite song and we always hear the song during Halloween or wen we feel like it. But my sis never let me hear the rest of the album. So i just heard rumors about Michael and I just ignore them and say "they're just sayin he did it or not" and few months later in June i finish cleanin the house, sit down and watch George Lopez (ha). Then hell broke loose, it went to commercial and they announce Michael's death. I told my sisters and my mom (my dad was out and my bro was at camp) and we were surprise. Mostly my sis cause she had a vision about Michael's passing. I became more interested about his music and himself. Throughout the days and months I love Michael.Jumpyy
Back to top Go down
Jenny
Bad
Bad
Jenny

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyMarch 21st 2010, 2:42 am

I remember listening to "Farewell My Summer Love" over and over as a kid and not even realising it was Michael. I think it was on some compilation album I had or something.

I became a real fan of Michael's when I saw "The Way You Make Me Feel" - I think I was about 13 or 14. And then I discovered all the other albums and started listening to "Off the Wall" all the time.

As is the case with so many of us, I felt like the only MJ fan at school - all the girls used to bring in their MJ posters for me and I would give them what ever I had (eg. Bros. or Boy George!!!)

How did you discover Michael? Brothers-bros-431x300

I'm still discovering the Jackson's and recently purchased "Destiny" which I love.

How did you discover Michael? The-Jacksons-Destiny-442292
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/themirrorcracks
SparklesDaCat
PYT
PYT
SparklesDaCat

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyMarch 21st 2010, 12:19 am

Gosh I don't even remember how I discovered the Jackson 5 because I was just a kid myself. I remember being very familiar with J5 music, and loving the Saturday cartoon. I loved Michael's voice when he sang Ben. It felt like he sang it especially for me, and it would make me cry when I was a goobery little girl.

I remember the turning point where I saw him becoming really a teen and I was still a munchkin: Dancing Machine. Dancing Machine thru The Wiz was when I just loved MJ for himself and discovered him apart from his brothers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/sparklesdacat
YRmyLife
PYT
PYT
YRmyLife

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyMarch 19th 2010, 12:49 pm

I have grown up with Michael right from the start in the Jackson 5 and have been there ever since, I will always love him.
mnwlk
Back to top Go down
mariaann1961
PYT
PYT
mariaann1961

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyMarch 18th 2010, 11:28 pm

I knew about Michael & the Jackson 5 back in the 70's, but I wasn't a fan. I was in love with Donny Osmond at the time! I didn't become a fan until Thriller.

How did you discover Michael? 980837 How did you discover Michael? 562607
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyMarch 18th 2010, 10:41 am

I discovered Michael when I was 4 years old in Disneyland watching Captain EO....I just recently discovered this news actually. Michael returned in my life two years later when I was 6 my mom turned on "Billie Jean" and "Beat it" as we drove downtown late at night. I have loved Michael ever since.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleJenks
Admin
InvincibleJenks

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 12:44 pm

I personally discovered Michael with the release of his Thriller album, but it wasuntil after the Thriller video was release did I really start to take notice of his music, his voice and how darn cute he was.

MJJM
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/keshayorkjenkins
Dolli4life
Who's Lovin' You
Who's Lovin' You
Dolli4life

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyNovember 20th 2009, 12:13 pm

The Jackson 5 is how i discovered Michael Jackson but Off the Wall/Thriller is when i fell in love!
Back to top Go down
Countryrocker
Who's Lovin' You
Who's Lovin' You
Countryrocker

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptyNovember 18th 2009, 6:07 pm

I discovered Michael and the Jackson 5 back oh so long ago when they hit the music scene. I've been hooked ever since.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptySeptember 23rd 2009, 8:39 pm

thats the damn truth
Back to top Go down
https://michaeljforever.forumotion.net
mkanhnh-Jenna
Superfly Sister
Superfly Sister
mkanhnh-Jenna

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptySeptember 23rd 2009, 5:54 pm

I think it's wonderful how Michael and his music inspire people of every age!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptySeptember 23rd 2009, 5:00 pm

I discovered Michael when I was 2 years old when I heard DONT STOP TIL YOU GET ENOUGH and I have been in love ever since. Its been 29 years I been in love with this man!!!!!!!!!!!! ☀
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptySeptember 12th 2009, 10:56 pm

Well I discovered Michael twice.

The first time ever that I saw him was in Moonwalker. Before I started school, I would go to Brazil with my parents to visit my family. One day I was sitting in front of the tv and Moonwalker came on, I'm pretty sure I saw it a couple times, it was one of the highlights of my time there. I was about say 3 or 4, probably 5 in '96, so I barley remember it. The only thing was I didn't know who Michael was,the only thing I knew was that the 'guy' turned into a spaceship and fell inlove with that scene.

BUT, I remember some time after that, in America, I would watch VH1 and the Jacksons: An AMerican dream would play and I'd watch it every time, and that's when I found out who he was.

From then on I'd just watch his videos on tv, I remember thinking he was sooo adorable, and I was pretty young too!

Glad to have Michael part of my childhood ❤
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 3:01 pm

I was about 11 years old. Sitting in the living room and watching Thriller with my brother. That was my first experience with Michael. Fell in love with his music and his videos.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 6:33 am

i was living in trinidad...which is where im from... and they had posters everywhere cuz michael was gonna perform... i was to young to know that though all i saw was pics of him, then on tv...we dont have cable...but on channel 3 ever sunday around 2, after lunch they would play the black and white video, and we are the world..heal the world... and i loved it.. then when i came to the states back in 95 i heard his music on the radio... my mom bought invincible and my bro had thriller, so i would just listen to that whenever.. but after he past, was a real awakening to his wonders...and i just cant stop
Back to top Go down
https://michaeljforever.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptySeptember 10th 2009, 10:59 pm

I discovered Michael by radio and television. ❤
Back to top Go down
mkanhnh-Jenna
Superfly Sister
Superfly Sister
mkanhnh-Jenna

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 5:00 pm

I was 6 when the Thriller album came out. It was always on the radio. The next year was the motown 25, when Michael first did the moonwalk. It was crazy, everyone from little kids to adults attempting to learn to moonwalk. lol my friends and I would spend our recess time trying to figure it out. Smile I have been a fan since then. He was such a good person, always had a kind word for his fans. A great humanitarian, truly concerned for people in need. He helped countless children! He will live forever in my heart. ❤
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 4:55 pm

I saw the Thriller video when I was a child, and that was it for me. When Bad came out, I got it for Christmas. I thought my dad was gonna have a stroke, but there wasn't much he could do about it....Michael Jackson was so innovative and creative. I miss him. :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover Michael?   How did you discover Michael? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you discover Michael?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next